Sunday, July 31, 2011

Keeping Paris Alive

As the trip  continues to be more in the past, I've been thinking of all the ways I keep my memories of Paris alive in my everyday life.  Often it's planning my next trip and I will continue to update my restaurant and sights to see lists so I'll be ready when the opportunity arrives.  I read lots of blogs and websites that keep me in touch with life in France, entertain me and hopefully, teach me a few things along the way.  My favorite is French Word A Day by Kristen Espinasse and I've been reading it for many years.  She has a special talent for telling a story, is a marvelous photographer and has helped to increase my French vocabulary tremendously.  My other favorite is Parler Paris by Adrien Leeds, another I've been reading for many years and the site that I found the apartment we rented.  Another way is through books so I thought I'd list a few of my favorites.  First are the Aimee Leduc murder mysteries by Cara Black.  Aimee is a Private Detective in Paris who runs Leduc Detective Agency, located on the rue de Louvre.  Above is a picture I took on rue de Louvre - interesting coincidence?  Some of my other favorite books are:
Lunch in Paris by Elizabeth Bard
The Secret Life of the Seine by Mort Rosenblum
On Rue Tatin by Susan Hermann Loomis (all of her cookbooks are also great)

No comments:

Post a Comment