Saturday, July 23, 2011

Home and Thinking About Paris

Foie Gras
Veau ris (Sweetbreads)
Scallops
Veal Tournadoes
White Fish
Cheese Plate
Duck Breast with Foie Fras Sauce
Creme Brulee in chocolate crust
We've now been home for a week and I've been thinking a lot about the trip in the past few days.  It's always great to be home, but I always miss Paris when I'm not there.   I'd love to get up and go to the boulangerie for a palmier & croissant rather than my bowl of cheerios, be able to sit at an outdoor cafe at least once every day and stand on a bridge and watch the Seine flow by.  Right now I'm reading David Lebovitz's "The Sweet Life in Paris" so I'm still hanging on to a connection and laughing at many of his observations.  Last night, friends were asking about some of our meals and I finally told Peter that he had veal sweetbreads at Nicholas Flamel - he took it quite well and still admitted they were good.  During dinner that night, Greer had commented that she thought she could eat almost anything served to her except sweetbreads, at which point, I almost choked, knowing that's what Peter had for his first course.  These are the pictures of that meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment