Saturday, May 30, 2015

Ascension Thursday

Started out at the Picasso Museum, which has been closed and only recently reopened.  Very interesting as I never realized that Picasso worked in so many different mediums.  I've not been a big fan but I did like several of his sculptures and the museum has been beautifully set up.  Most other museums are closed today due to the holiday so we didn't have a lot of choices.  Made a reservation for lunch at Ambassad d'Auvergne so we walked there.  Very cute restaurant with lots of dark wood.  We both had the green lentil and bacon salad which was delicious and I had the veal scallopine and aligot and Leas had the sausage and aligot.  Aligot is a type of mashed potato which is whipped with cheese until it drips in sheets from the whip.  It was good but I think I expected more as I could hardly taste the cheese and the consistency wasn't as smooth as I expected.  Leas had a delicious chocolate mousse for dessert while I had the pots de creme - three small bowls of pudding in the flavors of auvergne (verbena), orange flower water and Aveze.  Good but a little too perfumy for me.  Then we walked over to BHV , one of the department stores, on rue de Rivoli.  Bought a few things we were looking for and then hit some miscellaneous shops on our way home.  Picked up some ham and a baguette for dinner and eclairs for dessert.  Got caught and drenched in a downpour so we stopped in a doorway until it let up and then went to the nearest bistro for an Irish coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment