Sunday, November 19, 2017

Sick Day

I woke up not feeling too well but decided it wasn't going to stop me as we planned to walk rue Condorcet and rue des Martyrs.  We were taking the Metro to Anvers but 2 stops before we got there, the train sat forever in the station getting more and more packed.  Announcements were being made but the only thing we could understand was Anvers.  Finally we moved on to the next station and repeated the waiting game until everyone got off and they backed the train out.  Another, very crowded, train arrived and everyone got off so we were packed on the platform.  We finally decided we'd had enough and we would just walk to our starting spot.  After reading "Rue des Martyrs,The Only Street in Paris" and making a list of every place along the way, I was excited to explore the street along with rue Condorcet.  We were both a little disappointed but did some shopping along the way: Citron verte framboise tiramisu at Delmontel; lemon & chocolate tarts at Sebastien Degarden & madelines from Madeline Mademeselle.  Stopped for lunch at Le Paprika, a spot that looked pretty good for people watching.  I had a coke and Leas had langos with a sauce.  As we left, an ambulance pulled up and got a man out and into the restaurant (for his lunch?).  Interesting.  Visited Notre Dame de Lorette,  I finally decided that I was done so we headed home and stopped at the grocery to pick up some crackers and coke. I settled on the couch and just rested the rest of the day and, after finally realizing I had a touch of Vertigo, took my medication for it.  Leas went back out for a couple of hours and stopped at La Place Royale for a beer - said she put on her big girl pants.  Dinner was leftovers and pateries at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment